Our community revitalization group has been working since 1997 with goals to improve infrastructure and beautification, provide environmental education and preserve the creek and the traditions surrounding it.
How does Murrells Inlet 2020 work for the community?
- Facilitated over $3.3 million of county, state, federal and private foundation grant dollars for Inlet projects such as the award-winning Marshwalk, Jettyview Walk and Bike Bridge
- Spring Tide Clean-up, the biggest one day community clean up in South Carolina, in which 5-10 tons of trash is cleaned up out of the creek and area roadsides
- North and South end entrance and directional signs to welcome visitors
- Murrells Inlet 2020 Inlet to Intracoastal Multipurpose Path
- Implementation of crosswalks in Marshwalk Business District
- Murrells Inlet Christmas Parade
- Christmas banner program on Business 17 street poles
- Water Quality Monitoring Program to assure that our creek remains healthy
- Murrells Inlet Watershed Based Plan
- Landscaping committee to beautify our entrances and flower boxes
- Promotion & marketing of Murrells Inlet to attract visitors to our area
The Mission of Murrells Inlet 2020 is to promote the conservation of our natural environment while fostering local community and commerce.
The Vision of Murrells Inlet 2020 is to make Murrells Inlet a great place to live, work and visit through a combination of environmental awareness, infrastructure improvements, economic development, and community involvement.